UPDATED: 10th May 2022
Return to Sunbeams Community Music Projects with the confidence that your health and Safety is our first priority.
In order to access the Sunbeams Music Centre, all staff, musicians, participants of Sunbeams Projects, volunteer’s and all visitor’s must undertake Covid checks upon entry, agree to follow procedures and agree to a Covid 19 Liability Waiver.
The Government’s Plan B restrictions ended on 27th January 2022 and the removal of all remaining Covid restrictions ended back in February 2022. However, this does not mean that Covid-19 has gone away and there are still thousands of people with weakened immune systems who remain at a higher risk. It is now very difficult to judge who might be carrying the virus. It is important to consider those that have multiple and complex health needs and who may not have been able to have the vaccination, especially younger children with profound disabilities and/or terminal health conditions.
As a Health and Wellbeing Setting, it is essential that, Annie Mawson’s Sunbeams Music Trust, (Sunbeams), continues to be vigilant to help protect those most vulnerable. Sunbeams has now returned to the delivery of Music for Life® and Music For Dignity® Music Therapy Projects in person at the Sunbeams Centre. (There are also Sunbeams Projects that will remain online via Zoom as the platform of delivery). However, strict guidelines will remain in place at the Sunbeams Centre to ensure the health and safety of all staff, musicians, volunteers, visitors hiring the facilities, but most importantly, to help mitigate the risk of transmission to vulnerable beneficiaries who want to return to attending Sunbeams Community Music Therapy.
Even if you are fully vaccinated with a booster/s, it is still possible to catch and spread Covid-19. We need to learn to live with Covid-19 going forward and manage the risk to ourselves and others. We cannot predict the future but we can return to some level of normality and help those in need. There are measures we can continue to take to ensure those more vulnerable and at greater risk of illness, can feel safe leaving their homes again. We can help them with the actions we take and we can help to make them feel safer out in their communities.
At Sunbeams, we will continue to monitor the Covid situation and carry out risk assessments for all of our Sunbeams Projects taking place here at the Centre and in Outreach Venues.
In summary, we will continue to require all those that attend the Sunbeams Music Centre to:
- Wear masks and/or visors in communal areas, (unless exemption applies), these can be removed whilst eating, drinking and participating in the activity/purpose of your visit.
- Undertake Covid checks upon arrival: Temperature, Covid Vaccination status and a negative Lateral Flow Test, (where individuals are able to) these are to be taken within 24 hours prior to arrival at the Centre.
- Sanitise upon arrival and avoid unnecessary touching of handles, surfaces etc. where possible.
- For participants of Sunbeams Projects: If attending Projects in bubbles, please try to remain in your bubble where possible and keep a safe distance from others where you are able to. Please let us know if you are particularly concerned about the virus so that we can put further provisions in place to support you to attend safely. Call our Project Manager: Liesl McViety on 01768 892909 or Email: Liesl@sunbeamsmusic.org
Sunbeams is fortunate to have a bespoke Centre that benefits greatly from being a ‘Breathable Building’. A breathable building is designed to be healthy for its occupants because it is:
- Vapour-permeable, meaning its materials allow for the buffering of excess water thereby allowing water vapour to be discharged.
- Designed to decrease the risk of respiratory ailments as a result of vapour discharge.
- Designed to enhance both the physical and mental health of its occupants.
While no situation is risk free, all of us can play our part by understanding the situations where risks of COVID-19 infection and transmission are likely to be higher, and taking action to reduce these risks to protect ourselves and others around us.
In providing reassurance of our safety measures, we conduct Risk Assessments for the delivery of Sunbeams Community Music Therapy Services in the Centre. For a copy of our full Covid-19 Procedures, Guidelines and Control Measures, please contact Sunbeams on 01768 892909 and speak to our Founder & CEO Annie or Email: email@example.com